Introduction to Focusing-Oriented Therapy Day 2 (FOT)
Is this Workshop for you?
This workshop is for counsellors, trainee counsellors and other professionals in the helping professions who have already completed the 1 day course, Introduction to Focusing-Oriented Therapy, or who have completed other training in Focusing. If you are completely new to Focusing, then this is not suitable, and you need to do the introduction.
If you are completely new to Focusing, then this is not suitable, and you need to do the introduction.
Objectives of the Workshop
This course is aimed at consolidating your knowledge and experience of FOT, gained on day one. Also on completion of two days of training, you will be able to register for free on the focusing-partnerships page of the British Focusing Teachers Association. This course will also provide you with a basis for further training in focusing-oriented therapy available from me.
In this workshop, participants will build on and consolidate their knowledge and skills of Focusing-Oriented Therapy, which they have developed from day one. We will also go on to introduce guided focusing, and explore some of the process difficulties with guided focusing, in therapy. We will also look at the role of Focusing Partnerships in both self and professional development.
In this workshop we will:
- Re-visit the role of reflective listening and deepening proposals (or focusing invitations) in focusing-oriented therapy
- Explore in greater depth the experiencing scale and how to assess client experiencing levels.
- Explore the skills used in Guided Focusing, including ‘Guiding in, facilitating a focusing journey, and ending a focusing journey’
- Explore some of the process difficulties in FOT
- Explore the role of focusing partnerships in our personal and professional development.
During this course all participants will have the opportunity to develop their skills in focusing -oriented therapy through:
- Triad work, practising the use of reflective listening and depending propositions
- Group discussion on the experiencing scale
- Observation and discussion of guided focusing and associated skills
- Triad practise of guided focusing, as guide, focuser, and observer.
- Discussion on focusing-partnerships.
About the facilitator(s)
John Threadgold is a Focusing-Oriented Person Centred and integrative therapist. As well as holding Level 6 Diploma’s in Humanistic Counselling and Psychotherapy, and Therapeutic Supervision, he also holds an MA in Focusing and Experiential Psychotherapy. He is BACP Accredited for Counselling and Psychotherapy and recognised by the Focusing-Institute as a Focusing-Oriented Therapist and Focusing Teacher. He is a member of the British Focusing Teachers Association. He runs a private practise called New Focus Therapy, offering therapy, Supervision, and focusing training for therapists and the public.
When is the next Workshop
How much does the Workshop cost?
The Workshop costs 70.00.
£50 for existing LC&CTA students
What are the progression opportunities?
Certification of CPD hours
Please send all completed forms (together with payment where appropriate) to:
Chris Brown MA MBACP (Accred)
15-16 Deptford Broadway,
London SE8 4PA
If you have any queries, please call or email and will be pleased to help.